Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Registration ends tomorrow!!!!

Registration for the eASLeague ends tomorrow.  We then start pairings and play begins April 1.  We have 72 players.  Yes, that's what I said, 72!  When we first discussed this thing.  Spencer and I figured we'd top out at some number approaching 50 with about 30 registering in the first week or so.  As it was, we had almost 60 in the first week.  So, if this is any indication of how reality is going to meet our expectations, we're in for one heck of a ride.

Another note that I didn't mention...also contributing to prizes this year is no less than:

Chas Argent at Multi-Man Publishing

OK, let me just say this again.  Thank you so much to our sponsors for their generosity.  The ASL community is truly one of the most amazing groups I have ever encountered.  Even after associating with it for 5 or 6 years now, I am still amazed.  I've met scholars, and lawyers, and geeks, and strange/wondrous British people ;) and even white trailer trash (Hi, John!!! :D ), and I still actually like chatting with them all.  Everyone that I seem to run into (virtually and IRL) seems to be a stellar person.

I'm sure that I also speak for my counterpart, Spencer, but I personally am looking forward to the opportunity to work with all of you over the course of this league and even play a few of you.   We are grateful for your trust and hope not to screw it up too badly as we work the kinks out of our system.  We've put a lot of time into preparing this and have tried to present the most durable product that we could.  This tournament, as all of them are, is a labor of love.  We're excited to be able to present it to you and have you all participate.

We'll see you all April 1.  Roll low and may you pass all of your PMC's.

Josh Walles
eASLeague Director

1 comment:

Ian said...

Looking forward to it Josh, even if I am British LOL