Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finale of OA6 - Mounted Extraction

Well, Darren and I finished up OA6 - Mounted Extraction last night. That turn 1 really hurt me. The Germans really need to high tail it to the west on Turn 1 and set up some good peripheral firing positions to stop the Russian reinforcements coming in unmolested as well as being in better position to hook up with the tanks. Not to mention that the German players luck with the dice needs to be...well...vastly different than my standard. Rob has always said, my dice luck is about the worst he has ever seen. I can't disagree.

Total tally, 2 tanks down (one a burning wreck, the other an unconfirmed kill) and two on their way back across (one with riders who were going to be hosed down by an HMG next turn anyway) and a whole bunch of infantry stuck in the woods holding their own against the Russians that were near them. Not good. Not good at all.

Still, it was an interesting scenario and Darren is a world-class guy. I'd play him again any time (and am looking forward to our next game in the future). It's one of the things that I love about this game and community. The people that I have met are all great guys and have taken me under their wing to help me learn. There's no "superiority" complex at all. They're just really great guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're making me blush..

Josh had a great time. I just picked up all the latest Schwerpunkts I was missing plus finally got all three FrFs so we've got lots to play!

Rostov Redemption looks like a good one for our next battle.

Talk to you soon. Nice blog.

Darren